We look forward to gathering via Zoom on March 8, 2022 at 6:30pm. Please check your email inbox for the meeting link to attend the meeting. As usual, we will begin with our community resource officer updating us on any crime matters in our neighborhood and ways you can get involved, if you’d like to. Following, we will hear from Maureen Hanrahan about the National Wildlife Certified Backyard Habitat Program. Their schedules allowing, we will then have updates from Scott Balderman, DPS Board of Directors and Councilman Paul Kashmann.
You’re welcome to stay on the zoom call to listen in to the board meeting, which agenda is below.
See you on zoom!
Board Meeting Call to Order
1. Introduction of Board members
2. Approval of Agenda – Additions?
3. Approval of Minutes of February 8, 2022 WPENA meeting
4. Treasurerâ€™s Report – Bill Tracy – Problem with USPS changing WPENA zip code, to 80250-1331, Clarify ages for dues – under age 65 and 65 and over, vs over 65, Quick Books is not a good alternative to PayPal, ANB Statement, Reconciliation.
5. Committee Reports:
A. Communications: Christine Franck (Newsletter, Lance Musselman) – Newsletter articles due April, Newsletter distribution: Yankee Peddler (YP); Barbara and Mikki, same as December; another vendor; USPS, but 2 areas would be omitted and 2 areas would incorrectly receive newsletters; volunteers, USPS changing WPENA zip code
B. Membership: Ellin Rosenthal – Need to change zip code, per USPS; correct north boundary of WPENA to 1st Ave.
C. Zoning – Biddie Labrot – Welcome to Jeff Spinzig, new member of zoning committee, Request for zoning change to allow an ADU at 1286 S. Gilpin St., WPENA not notified?
D. Crime and Safety: Leslie MacRossie
E. Sustainability: Adam Meltzer
F. FANS/Park: Tim McHugh – 2 new Board members, still recruiting, re-evaluating relationship with DPR, May 3 City Greenhouse tour
G. Traffic: Bill Tracy
H. Events: Leslie MacRossie
I. INC: Adam Meltzer to replace Susan Payne as delegate from WPENA to INC, to allow him to be a candidate for an at large position to the INC Board, Feb. 12 meeting dealt with Climate Action, Sustainability and Resiliency
6. Old Business:
A. Future Speakers:
– Amanda (Mandy) Madrid, Recreation Supervisor, Wash. Park Rec. Center
– Grace Ramirez, Xcel Energy Community Affairs Manager. Previously was Community Affairs Liaison for Denver Office of Special Events
– Maro Casparian, Denver D.A. Office, fraud and scam protection
– Neal Walia, Democratic candidate for C.D. 1
B. Dog Park in Veterans Park: Zoom meeting Feb. 23. WPENA has posted link to the DPR survey seeking resident input Resolution of confusion about letter of support from WPENA for application for DPR to consider possible dog park in Veterans Park, not building a dog park.
C. July 4 event in Washington Park: Co chairs are Linda and Dave Matthews (WWP) and Tim McHugh. First steering committee meeting is March 14 at 6:30 PM. Paul Kashmann has arranged waiver of fee for the boathouse, the Brass Quintet of the Denver Municipal Band has been reserved.
7. New Business: None